Pages

July 18, 2013

Cars & Trains

The other day Isaac and I ventured out to the store for some birthday shopping for an upcoming birthday party.  It was very difficult to explain the toy shopping was for the birthday girls but my explanation was not sinking in.  :)  The only way I was going to make it out of the toy section alive was to get Isaac something of interest and we finally settled on some matchbox cars.

This morning Isaac decided to utilize a different toy as a ramp for his new cars.  The cars didn't quite fit but he didn't seem to mind.  He picked up the entire structure and shook it until the cars made their way down the ramp.  He was very determined to test his theory and make it work!  He played with his cars for a good while. I think this might mean investigating some future toys for cars and car organization.


Once he was finished playing with the cars I thought I would take a stab at putting together the train set he received for his birthday.  Let's just say this was my first experience putting a train set together.  It took reading the instructions several times, looking at the picture on the box and pulling up a youtube video to see one actually put together and working.  Of course I had helper Isaac keeping me on my toes.  As soon as I would have the pieces lined up that went together he would move one and throw me off all over again.  I overcame the challenge and add train building skills to my tool belt!


In the end it all worked out!  Isaac enjoyed watching Thomas the Train make his way round and round the track.  Isaac's biggest challenge was staying off the track and out of the way of the moving train!  Now we just need to figure out where to put the train other than the middle of the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment