Pages

December 9, 2011

Crafty Hand Print Redo!


At the end of July Frazer and I had a failed attempt at creating a hand print mold for Isaac.  Over the weekend, we were running errands and popped into Hallmark and when I saw a hand print / ornament kit I had to get one.  It was a re-do that I was determined to accomplish!  This kit was actually much better.  It was much easier to mix and it didn't set as quick as the last one which is a great thing when trying to get a five month old to cooperate.  Papa held Isaac while I held the container and attempted to get Isaac to open his hand flat to press his hand into the tray.  Let's just say this took several attempts and by the time we had a great hand impression, all three of us were covered in plaster dust.  But.....mission accomplished.  The directions indicated to let the ornament set for one week.  After a week I checked the impression and it was perfect with Isaac's hand print on one side and a snowman on the other.  I love this ornament!

No comments:

Post a Comment