Pages

December 20, 2011

Isaac's First Visit with Santa


I've been wanting to take Isaac to see Santa for awhile now.  The last few times I've been to the mall the lines were ridiculously long.  For the most part Isaac isn't sure what all this Christmas stuff is about yet but he likes all the colorful packages under the tree, the twinkling lights and shiny objects.  So, today was the day to go see Santa.  As soon as Isaac woke up from his afternoon nap we were ready to go.  When we arrived at the mall there was no one in line and only one child in front of us.  Isaac looked around at first and was taking in the scenery and didn't seem bothered by what was going on.  I took him out of his stroller and let him look at Santa first before handing him over.  (I must say this is a strange concept when you think about it...I'm protective of my child as I'm sure many mother's are, but when it comes to the red Santa suit, we just hand them over for a picture.  There's some acquaintances that I wouldn't hand my child to.   Hmmm, strange, very strange). :)

Anyway, Isaac just looked up at Santa with complete curiosity.


Then he looked back at me and then back at Santa....


I can only imagine what was going on in Isaac's mind....
Isaac:
  Ooh, bright color.  I wonder what color this is.  I hear people say red, wonder what that means?
  This is soft...
  How can I get one of these?  This would be nice as a blanket.  Then I could lay on it

Isaac loved the fluffiness of the white trim and he just kept rubbing his little hands against the texture of the Santa suit.  Then he looked towards me and just grinned from ear to ear.  It was a great picture.  Overall I'd say he had a great visit with Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment