Pages

October 13, 2014

It's Not a Banana

As my journey of motherhood continues to unfold I'm learning to go with the flow as much as possible.  I'm also learning that I'm lacking in super powers to keep my littles secluded in their own little bubbles protected from the outer world.  While I was in our bedroom with Rebecca, Isaac joined me and was talking away.  Out of the blue however I found myself having an unexpected conversation.  I immediately flashed back to the movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kindergarten Cop as soon as the words out of Isaac's mouth hit my ears; "boys have a penis, girls have a banana".

I couldn't help but laugh out loud and then with all the restraint I could muster with a straight face and calm voice I clarified his statement using the appropriate terms.  Yes, dear, you and your brother are boys and have a penis.  Your sister is a girl and it's called a vagina.

Heaven help me!  I'm gonna need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment