September 23, 2014

False Alarm or Baby Time?!

It's so surreal to to climb in the car with a friend, seats layered with beach towels just in case, and drive down the interstate and basically be one of only a handful of cars on the road at 2:30 in the morning. With no traffic it was no time at all before we arrived at Emory Midtown.

Once we were at the hospital and checked in we had to wait a few minutes before someone came to bring me back.   Once I was taken back it was the usual pre-check list of questions, getting changed etcetera. By 3:10 am I received a text from hubby that he was already inside 285 and he was parking at the hospital by 3:20 am.

By the time Frazer arrived to the maternity area Dr. Tate had been into see me but they wouldn't let Frazer back until the exams were finished.  All I know is by this point I was frustrated.  I explained what happened this morning to Dr. Tate and they did a swab to verify if it was amniotic fluid but the test came back negative.  Since I wasn't gushing with fluid my doctor was skeptical that it was actually my water that broke.

So the waiting game officially started.  Ugh!  Basically it was time to wait and see if more leaking started again.  By this time Frazer was finally able to come back with me and I was so discouraged.  I did not want this be another false alarm.  If it was I was going to be so pissed and embarrassed for having everyone up in the middle of the night.

Around 4:30 am I got up to use the bathroom and I started leaking again.  I froze right where I was standing and refused to move.  I had Frazer run out and get Dr. Tate who came in and swabbed my leaking fluid tinged with blood right off my leg.  At this point another exam was conducted and I was 4 1/2 -5 cm dilated.  Clearly my body was preparing for labor.  However, Dr. Tate was a little perplexed.  He was convinced it wasn't my water that broke but he agreed something was going on so he had me admitted.  At least that was a relief!  I wasn't going home until there was a baby this time!!

Now it was a matter of waiting until a labor and delivery room was available.  So....again we waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment