Pages

August 28, 2014

Poison Control

This afternoon I experienced another parenting 1st for the books.  I was in Isaac's room cleaning up when he came running in with a panicked look on his face along with a weird brown substance around his mouth.  He complained his mouth hurt and I had him show me what he had gotten into.  My heart dropped into my stomach so I called poison control.

Despite having child locks on the drawers in my bathroom he managed to squeeze his little hand in my drawer and pull out one of my pill organizers.  He managed to open one of the containers and got his hands on my prenatal vitamin and bit into the soft gel.  Fortunately he only bit into and it didn't stall it.  Most of the gel stuff was hon his shirt and face but I knew supplements with iron can be dangerous for kids.  Poison control looked up the information on the type of vitamin he got into and assured me he would be okay.

I had him drink some water and I kept a close eye on him the rest of the evening.  

On the bright side, papa came home with Isaac's puppy and pooh blankets.  Just the comfort items we needed after today's drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment