Pages

August 31, 2014

More Contractions!

Given the belly pains I've had the last couple of days I took it easy today and did very little other than putter around the nursery and rocked my big belly.  I'm not sure if baby girl was getting a little cramped on the inside but my belly pains were picking up again.  They weren't contractions either.  They were sharp shooting pains and they got worse every time I moved.   Not only was the pain bad but baby girl wasn't moving around as much either.

By late afternoon I called the doctor and started to make our way to Atlanta.  By the time we were halfway there contractions had started and didn't let up.  By the time we got there contractions were 2-3 minutes apart.  It was hard to wrap my brain around having contractions this early.

Once I got in the hospital it didn't take long for monitoring to start.  Upon the initial evaluation my cervix was closed but my contractions were consistent.  I was admitted for observation and given two bags of IV fluids.

We'll see what the next 24 hours bring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment