Pages

August 29, 2014

Belly Pain & Contractions

This morning I needed to take Julian to the doctor for a check up.  My day was going well until I made my way downstairs.  From the time I was halfway down the steps I was stricken with a sharp pain on the right side of my belly button and down.  It was strange and very different.  This wasn't pregnancy ligament pains from moving to quickly or abruptly.

I made it to Julian's appointment and fortunately the doctor knew I was hurting and got us in and out. At that point I was really struggling to walk.  The paint intensified if there was any pressure on my belly.  I called my doctor and all he could do was send me in for an evaluation.  We agreed to watch it this afternoon especially since Frazer and I were supposed to be heading to Atlanta this evening for a date night anyway.

As soon as I got home I was so glad my parents were there to get the boys for the weekend.  They hung around for awhile to see if my pain subsided.  I had four contractions within an hour and they were nine minutes apart.  With a month to go in the pregnancy it was a bit early to be having contractions.

I spent the afternoon on the sofa and as long as I didn't move the pain was better but I was still fairly miserable.  By the time hubby made his way home from work we decided to move forward with date night.  I wasn't going to miss a fabulous steak from Little Alley!

I hope these pains go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment