Pages

July 7, 2014

Scissor Adventures

Based on my first two pregnancies I tend to nest the entire nine months with increasing levels of intensity.  Let's just say the intensity level of my nesting has increased!  I've been busy hanging decor in the nursery and organizing various areas around the house.  This morning I was in the process of making curtain tie backs for the boys room.

I had ribbon in the basement that matched the boys curtains and I brought the scissors and ribbon upstairs to measure and cut the needed length.  I did all of this while Julian was napping and when I heard him waking up I picked everything up and moved the scissors and other materials into our room.  I went to get Julian as usual and Isaac was with me.  While I was changing Julian's diaper I noticed Isaac was no longer near me and I had a vision flash of Isaac getting the scissors and cutting himself.  I quickly finished with Julian and ran to my room.

I love having great instincts but man...sometimes I wish they would kick in a bit earlier.  Isaac did have the scissors!  He didn't cut himself thankfully.  However he did cause some damage.


Apparently Isaac tested his cutting ability on his shorts.  The finished product resembled a shredded pirate look.  I wasn't upset one bit.  I was so relieved he didn't cut himself since my fabric scissors are super sharp and shorts are easy enough the be replaced.  I picked everything up again and put them where Isaac couldn't get them and then straightened up my bed so we could all go downstairs.

As I was straightening up and making my bed......I found more damage.  A lot more damage.  It was so much worse than I thought.  Isaac managed to cut the duvet cover and the comforter!


He cut the flat sheet....


and the fitted sheet....


on each side of the bed.


As I discovered each damaged item the pit in my stomach grew.  I had just put brand new sheets on the bed.  Literally these sheets had only been on our bed two nights.


There was no way I'd be able to repair the sheets to make them comfortable considering where the damage was located.  I guess I'll just have more white fabric added to my stash.  The duvet cover & comforter however I think I can repair.  It may not be pretty but since it's on the underside I think it will be fine.

Well, I guess I know what project I'll be working on for the remainder of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment