Pages

July 3, 2014

Pubic Service Announcement

There are times when the role of motherhood carries a burden of responsibility.  This morning I feel it's my duty to raise awareness to friends and family that interact with Julian as well as awareness to mothers of eleven month olds with older siblings.

ALL BATHROOM DOORS MUST REMAINED CLOSED.  

Anyone who chooses to ignore this important PSA is doing so at their own risk.  Why am I providing such an important notification?  Well, there was nothing out of the ordinary until I heard a loud banging noise coming from the other room and I knew it was coming from the bathroom.  I didn't know if something had been thrown into the bathtub or hit against the toilet but I knew whatever it was I needed to get there fast.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to experience.  Nothing.

I found Julian standing in front of the toilet with the lid open and both hands in the toilet bowl.  Yes, both hands.  While this is fairly gross in itself the situation was made worse because the toilet wasn't empty.  Isaac has been doing a great job with his potty training however we're working on the consistency of flushing the toilet.  This morning Isaac forgot to flush and he forgot to close the bathroom door behind him.

Julian was squeezing poop between his hands in the toilet.  He had poop smashed all over his hands and in-between his fingers. It...was....gross!  I scooped him up and propped him by the sink to rinse off the poop and then slathered him with soap to disinfect his hands.  I changed his clothes too just in case.  Ugh!

Once Julian was cleaned up I had a nice conversation with Isaac on proper restroom use and why it's important to flush, wash hands, and close the door when finished to keep his little brother out of trouble.

I certainly didn't have this experience with Isaac and perhaps this comes with the territory of having two little boys.  I can't even imagine the amount of mischief in my future will three little ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment