Pages

May 23, 2014

Anatomy Scan

We were up early this morning and despite having to wake up early, get the kids dressed and the bags repacked, I was excited for my appointment this morning.  We had a good breakfast before leaving the hotel to make sure we were all fueled up and then it was time to go.

Both boys were great in the waiting room and it didn't take too long before I was called back.  There is nothing better than seeing sonogram pictures of the life growing inside.  It's such a strange sensation to feel all the wonderful movements and imagine what's going on inside my belly, what the baby looks like and what position the baby is in.  The sonogram takes it to a new level when you can feel the movements and see them on the screen at the same time.  It's an amazing moment and I feel so blessed to have this experience for the third time.


The pictures were amazing and I could have stayed there all day just watching.  As soon as I heard her heart beat it was like walking into the most relaxing spa ever.   It's such a peaceful and soothing sound.  What amazed me even more was the technician switched the view to 3D!  They didn't do this either time with the boys so it was a big surprise and it made me catch my breath. 


To see her tiny face and button nose along with her precious hands was fantastic.  It's a moment I'll never forget and I didn't want it to end.  While I was watching the screen the technician continued to take all the critical measurement to make sure baby girl was healthy.  Everything with the appointment went very well.  The only concern found was I had a low lying placenta.  Apparently the placenta was only 1 1/2 cm from my cervix, so it's close but not covering the cervix.  The doctor came in and said my OB would continue to monitor me but at this stage in the pregnancy as the baby grows it should move out of the way and be a non issue by delivery.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned but I know I'm in good hands with my doctor.  All I can do is positive and pray that baby girl and I stay healthy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment