Pages

March 19, 2014

Unpacking with the Boys

The boys are home!  They were so excited last night it was hard to get them down for the first time in the new environment.  Isaac ran through the house examining every square inch.  This morning they were both recharged and ready to investigate some more.

Julian was a little less than cooperative when it came to letting me focus on unpacking.  I can't say that I blame him since he's been away for a week.  However, he's super cranky and teething.  Poor thing finally stopped screaming and surrendered for a nap.


While Isaac was exploring I did my best to satisfy Julian.  He simply wanted to be close to mama today.  I tried the carrier for a bit with him and got a few things unpacked but that didn't last long.


My next attempt was the pack-and-play.  He seemed to tolerate it a little bit more but he would have preferred to be cuddled.


Julian was a hard one to please today but we made it work.  Isaac on the other hand had fun "helping" me unpack.  He had a ball playing with the packing paper and boxes. 



Progress might be much slower over the next few days but it's so nice to have us all home and together.  Moving is such a challenge but it's so worth the extra effort to keep us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment