Pages

March 12, 2014

Packers & Peanut

Let the chaos begin!  The packers arrived first thing this morning and the house was hopping with activity.  Frazer got the movers started while I stepped out for an appointment with Dr. Tate's office.  I had to squeeze one more appointment in for my glucose screen before we actually move.  I'm happy to report I passed my glucose screen too!

When I came back Isaac had been replaced with a crazy little wild person that looked just like him!  I didn't know if he had just been pumped full of sugar, was excited or anxious about the movers, but suddenly he had access to closets that had been child proofed and he was super excited to explore everything.  He also tried to "help" the packers by pulling things out of boxes that were being packed.  Fortunately Julian was easily entertained through all of this since he still isn't mobile.  I can't imagine how much more chaotic this would have been with both boys mobile.  Oy!

While I was out this morning my parents offered to come and get the boys for a couple of days.  It wasn't until I returned and experienced first hand the chaos of attempting to pack and move with little ones that I actually considered it.  It was a hard decision since the boys had never stayed away from us but the stress of the move was a good motivator and ultimately we thought it might be better and less stressful for them too. So, we decided to take them up on their offer.  While nana and grandpa were making their way to Georgia Ms. Lori and her little girl Eliza came over to help keep Isaac entertained.  It was a huge help too!

When my parents arrived they had to navigate through the maze of boxes.  Lori and Eliza were on the floor and Julian was hanging out while Isaac was running around.  I think seeing three kids in the house caught my parents off guard and it was the perfect ice breaker since up to this point we haven't shared the news about baby number three.  Once my parents were settled I handed a small gift bag to Sue.  I think she was a bit suspicious but she pulled out a frame containing the sonogram picture of our little peanut.  Sue's reaction was very positive.  Dad's reaction was typical for dad.  He wanted to know if we needed condoms for Christmas.  If dad didn't respond with sarcasm I would be concerned.    Once we shared the happy news it was time to get the boys loaded up and on their way.

Surprisingly the packers finished up much earlier than we anticipated so Frazer and I were able to enjoy a nice dinner at Stoney River.  In someways you could say it was a date night but considering our exhaustion level we seized the opportunity to relax given the activity ahead of us over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment