Pages

February 18, 2014

Busy School Morning & Julian's Check Up

Some mornings seem to flow smoothly with everything falling into place.  This morning was not one of those mornings.  From the moment Isaac woke up he was not interested in going to school.  We were all disjointed and of course running behind.  All Isaac could say this morning was "no school".  It didn't help that he made a total mess at breakfast and from the time he got dressed to the time we walked out of the door he went through three shirts.  Yes, it was going to be one of those mornings.....

After a great deal of convincing, Isaac was on board for school and we had fun spotting all of the school buses on our way.  All that changed when we actually arrived at school resulting in a rough drop off.  Isaac did not want to let go of me which always tugs at my heart strings.  It's always so hard when he doesn't want me to leave but I had to get Julian to the doctor so the teacher had to take him.  It breaks my heart but I also know he's completely adjusted as soon as I'm in the parking lot.

The rush and chaos of this morning kinda of made me laugh.  I had quick visions of my future flashing before me of school mornings and motivating kids to get ready and out the door in the morning.  :-)

Julian had a great check up this morning.  He weighed in at 17 lbs and 10 oz and he's 27 1/2' long.  He's still in the 90th percentile for height and head circumference and in the 50th for weight.


We had a bit of a wait today which is unusual but this place was busy since it was closed all last week from the crazy weather.  Julian kept himself entertained playing with the paper on the table while we waited.  He enjoyed all the crinkly noises and of course he had to taste it just in case he was missing out on something yummy. 


Today Julian saw Dr. Riseman instead of his regular physician.  After reviewing Julian's on-going history with his reflux Dr. Riseman agreed it was time to try some reflux medications!!  I was super excited and so hopeful the medication would provide little man with some much needed relief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment