Pages

October 12, 2013

Diaper Cream Art Work

Today was interesting on many levels.  I heard Isaac puttering around in his room and assumed he was waking up from his nap.  I went upstairs to his room and couldn't believe my eyes.  I took a quick survey and told Isaac I would be right back.  I closed the down, walked downstairs and went to get Frazer from the garage.  At this point I was biting my lip to hide my grin and I simply told Frazer he needed to go see Isaac and see what he had gotten into.  While Frazer was making his way I had to grab the camera.


When I opened the door the first time and found Isaac covered in diaper cream the look on his face was so innocent and full of pride.  He was so proud of his accomplishment.  I'm sure in his mind it was a well executed experiment.  I didn't have the heart to yell at him and it wouldn't have accomplished anything anyway.  It was funny.  Very funny.  And I had to laugh.  I laughed so hard tears were streaming.


He managed to squeeze out an entire large tube of Desitin Diaper Cream all over the floor and his rug.   All over his book case, truck and stuffed animals.


And all over the wall.  I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall as he experimented with leaving lovely white handprints on the wall.


And it was all over him from head to toe.


Needless to say I spent the evening scrubbing the wall, carpet, his chair, toys, book shelf and crib.  Isaac was even sweet and tried to help me clean up the spots on his carpet.  It took a lot of elbow grease but I didn't manage to get all but a couple of spots cleaned.  I love Isaac's tender heart for wanting to help clean up his experiment too.  I believe this was a right of passage of his childhood and for our parenthood.  Oh the things this little boy can get into. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment