Pages

September 16, 2013

Julian's 1 Month Check

Since we were leaving for the beach right after Julian's appointment I brought Isaac to the appointment with me.  Isaac has certainly learned the association with the doctors office.  When Julian's name was called Isaac wanted me to carry him back too.  He thought for sure, despite my reassurance, that we were there for him and he wanted no part of it.  Once we were back in the room Isaac was all over the place exploring the office.  He was on the stool, off the stool, on the floor, climbing up to the exam table and then opening the exam room door….open, close, open, close.  I knew the odds of him sitting still for Julian's appointment were slim and fortunately it was a quick appointment.

As for Julian….he had a great check up!  He weighed in at 10 lbs even.  22 3/4" in length and his head circumference was 15 1/2".  Dr. Sherwinter was very pleased with his weight gain.  I mentioned the ongoing reflux concerns.  Even after a bottle and Julian is resting he'll start spitting up to the point of making choking noises with spit up coming out his noise.  He gets so upset it breaks my heart.  Dr. Sherwinter indicated spit up is normal and as long as he's gaining weight it's not a concern and he'll eventually grow out of it.  For now, I'll keep an eye on him and make sure he's burped really well and elevated.

No comments:

Post a Comment