Pages

June 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Isaac!

Even though it was a low key day it was still Isaac's Birthday!!  We went out this afternoon for some celebratory frozen yogurt.


Happy Birthday to the sweetest little boy a mama could ever ask for.  Isaac, you have the best demeanor, always inquisitive, determined to figure out the mechanics of everything, a sensitive loving heart and your always full of laughter.

There are so many lovely things I love about you so I'll list a few.  :)

~ Your vocabulary is becoming more clear with each passing day but I still love playing toddler charades with you.  I'm at least getting quicker in figuring out your frustrations.  I love how you've decided to come and reach for my hand to lead me where you want to go when I don't understand.

~ I love hearing you through the monitor in the mornings when you wake up and say "mama".  It's the sweetest sound that warms my heart.

~ I love how you reach for me when I walk into your room.  Sometimes you reach for me then flop back down on your bed.  This is your way of telling me you want mama to rub your back or your tummy.  It's a lovely way to spend time with you in the mornings until you're ready to wake up.

~ For the most part you sleep through the night on a regular basis but when you do wake up I often find you holding up your blanket and puppy telling me you need that extra cuddle in the middle of the night.      You also let me know when your done rocking by pointing to your crib.

~ Often when I'm consoling or comforting you I feel your tiny hands patting my back as though your comforting me at the same time.  It's the cutest and sweetest thing I've ever experienced and it warms my heart every time.

~ As much as I try to encourage you and acknowledge you for a job well done I love how you clap for yourself when you know you've done a great job! May you always acknowledge yourself for a job well done and nurture a deep sense of self beyond the need for external gratification.

~ I love when you blow me kisses or give me kisses.

~ I'll never tire of your hugs.

~ You truly have the most delightful laugh.

~ Your independent streak is emerging and you're a strong determined little boy.  I'll always be here to nurture your development.

~ Your very sweet when it comes to sharing with others.

~ Anytime were at a playdate and there is a baby your natural curiosity and caring nature emerges.  You like to rock the babies in their carriers, put their pacifiers back in their mouths and pat their heads.  I know you're going to be an awesome big brother!

~ I love your response when I ask you where the baby is and you either pat my belly or you try to raise my shirt to look into my tummy.  I love when you hug my baby belly too.

Isaac, you've been the apple of my eye for two years.  I want you to know that will not change.  You will always been my baby, my first baby and my favorite big boy.  There are only a few more weeks to spoil you rotten as our only child which is exactly what we'll do!  My life wouldn't be the same without you and I'm truly blessed to call you my son and to be your mama.

Happy Birthday little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment