Pages

April 24, 2013

Isaac's First Ice Cream Cone

We all had a busy day!  While Nana was in town she decided to help me out further and we spent a good portion of each day in the kitchen.  We cooked something different every day and it was great fun.  I need all the help I can get to get out of a rut when it comes to dinner and it was nice to learn some new recipes.

Isaac spent the afternoon with Nana so I could go to my doctor's appointment solo.  That was a treat!  I had my follow up with Dr. Tate for my 24 week check up.  I got a clean bill of health.  I love that Dr. Tate does a quick ultrasound at almost every visit to check the baby's position, heart beat, and fluid levels.  It's just a quick confirmation and provides peace of mind that everything is progressing well.

Once I was home it was back into the kitchen and Isaac helped us both out.  Isaac was such a trooper today and did a fabulous job with his dinner that he got a special treat after dinner.  The other day I mentioned Isaac had never had an ice cream cone.  So, while Sue went to the store she picked up some treats for Isaac.


Isaac wasn't sure what to do at first....


Initially he didn't understand the concept of licking the ice cream but he had fun playing in the ice cream puddle as it was melting.


Then he started to get the hang of it....


Mmmmmm.....good!


The perfect ending to a first ice cream cone is a chocolate dipped cone!

No comments:

Post a Comment