Pages

April 20, 2013

An Unexpected Anniversary Gift

Our wedding anniversary was 4/19 and we had a wonderful evening planned.  The sitter was booked and we were both looking forward to a night out together this evening.  The day started out fairly low key.  We were also super excited our new fence was being installed!  However, the morning quickly went south.


Sometimes there are unpleasant side effects of pregnancy and today one of those unpleasantries decided to flair up, big time.   What I thought was a precautionary trip to the Health Clinic down the street resulted in a trip to the ER.  But, I couldn't go to the local hospital, I had to go downtown to Emory since that's where my OB has privileges...just incase.  So, I left the clinic, headed for home, packed up an entertainment bag for Isaac and Frazer drove us all to midtown.

Perhaps this is too much information but for the purposes of documenting funny stories for these two kiddos to look back on they need to understand the lovely things their mother endured while pregnant.  :)  I never imagined a hemorrhoid could first of all, cause so much pain, second, require a trip to the Emergency Room.  It was a painful afternoon having a blood clot removed from a hemorrhoid but Isaac was super sweet and held my arm during the procedure.  I don't think he liked seeing mama in pain.  

Once we were home, hubby was sweet enough to go out and get my prescriptions filled so I could lay down.  Sitting was out of the question!  However, when Frazer returned he also bought me an anniversary gift.  Now under normal circumstances this is not something any wife would ever want, especially for an anniversary but after today and the level of pain I've endured it was the sweetest and most loving gesture ever!  It's certainly a gift I'll never forget!



My bum was truly grateful!  It's certainly not how we planned to spend the day but sometimes you just have to roll with the flow of life.  We'll have to celebrate next weekend instead.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment