Pages

March 14, 2013

Mischievous Monkey


This morning started with my chiropractor appointment.  I'm hoping my proactive approach will prevent a breach baby this time.  So far so good but my appointment ended with a bang, literally.  While scheduling my follow up appointment Isaac disappeared and made his way into one of the cabinets and broke a mug.  My little mischievous monkey!.  In all fairness the mug already had the handle broken, he just decided to take it a step further.  From the moment he woke this morning he was wound tight and full of energy!

I decided the next item on our agenda should be a brunch date with my wee man.


Isaac isn't a big fan of high chairs these days.  He tolerates sitting long enough to eat and then he wants up to run around and explore.  It's become a challenge to keep him entertained when a situation calls to sit still.  Today he played with the lid on his cup and straw for all of five minutes.  I pointed out items for him to color.  That didn't last long either.  At this point I thought it would be forever before our food showed up and I wondered if I was capable of keeping a meltdown away.  Then I pulled out my found and we played with an alphabet application.  That seemed to do the trick and then brunch arrived!


Isaac had his favorite, blueberry pancakes.  He went straight for the whipped cream!


Then he dug into the blueberries and syrup. I love my blueberry monster.


It was a winner all the way around.  :)  With full tummies we set out to finish a host of errands.  After two stops Isaac was tuckered out in the backseat.


I had two more stops to make that I couldn't put off so I sat outside one store in the parking lot and let Isaac finish his nap.  It was a good time for me to catch up on email and he was simply too peaceful to disturb.

No comments:

Post a Comment