Pages

March 5, 2013

Life with a Toddler


I attempted to use my laptop this morning within reach of Isaac.  Bad move on my part.  He got his hands on it and of course he loves to push all the buttons.  It's fun for him but not so productive for me.


Then he decided he wanted to play with his shoes.  This boy's love of shoes amazes me sometimes.  If there are shoes around he thinks they should be on feet, regardless of who's shoes or who's feet.  He usually attempts to bring me my shoes but this morning he was determined to put his shoes on my feet.  I'm not sure my explanation was successful so I attempted to demonstrate that mama's feet are too big for his shoes.  :)


Then he moved onto papa's computer.  He loves to climb in the chair and tap on the keyboard.  


I attempted to set up my old laptop for Isaac to play with but all he did was hit the power button.  It's not as easy to navigate as the mac.


The past few days we've also attempted to join the local gym.  It's proved to not be successful.  He hates the daycare area and cries the entire time.  There aren't a bunch of kids in there which is good but it's free play and I don't know if it's the unfamiliarity or simply overwhelming.  By the time I get to the gym, get him settled in the child care area, start a workout, get called out for diaper changes, get Isaac settled again, 2 hours have flown by.  2 hours for a 30 - 45 min workout is exhausted and he's miserable which defeats the purpose.  Add to that a session with a personal trainer that resulted in pulling something in my back.....let's just say the gym is not going to work at this stage of life.  Good thing we had a 14 day trial.  I think a home gym of some sort is better suited, especially post baby.  It was worth a try though.

To top it all off, poppet it 17 weeks today!  I can't tell if this pregnancy is crawling by or flying by....  Happy none the less.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment