Pages

March 7, 2013

Kitchen Fun and Play


Isaac loves his new tower.  This was his breakfast spot of choice this morning.  Anytime I'm in the kitchen he climbs up to get a better view.  After breakfast we had a great time playing with his house.  Isaac thought playing peek-a-boo through the toddler sized door was worthy of a thousand giggles!  Then he went to his play kitchen, grabbed his phone and pretended to call papa.  He loves to run around a say "pa-pa".  Next it was Elmo time, followed by lunch and a well needed nap.


Over the past few weeks we've been trying to narrow down the selection of colors to paint inside the house.  It's an on-going process to mutually agree but since we've agreed on the kitchen color I seized the opportunity to start painting today.  I had the time and energy so I took the plunge.


It's amazing the difference a little bit of color can do to brighten a room and make the cabinets and trim really stand out.  Its been awhile since I've painted and a first to paint with a growing belly.  I definitely had to take my time going up and down the ladder and crawling on the floor to reach the narrow section of wall under the kitchen windows was a bit of a challenge.  


Reaching corners with a belly in the way was a lot harder than I anticipated but well worth it.

*Update: I think I underestimated the amount of time cutting in would take combined with keeping a toddler entertained.  3 days later I finally had it finished.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment