Pages

June 1, 2012

To Great-Grandma's House We Go.....

Like clock work, Isaac was up at 7:00 am sharp.  How this little guy was up so early baffled me since he got up several times.  Of course keeping him situated and calm in the hotel room with strange noises required me sleeping at the foot of the bed so he could see me.  Not the most restful night for me but hey, what can ya do, right?  Regardless, he was up, I was up and it was time to start moving.  Fortunately, Michelle was my saving grace and took my car to get coffee and breakfast.  By the time the three of us were ready to go it was 9:30 am which wasn't that bad considering the pack-and-play had to be broken down and loaded to take to Grandma Jane's along with the bag of Isaac's toys, food, and necessities for the day.  So, we loaded up and drive 45 minutes to Grandma's.

Once we arrived, it was time to unpack the car....again.  Wow, was I glad that I brought everything that I did.  I was not prepared to see Grandma on oxygen.  Immediately I had horrible visions of Cyclone Isaac crawling through Great-Grandma's house and unplugging her oxygen.  It only took that flash of that image once to make sure Isaac was occupied at all times.


Isaac enjoyed some free time on the front porch crawling around and playing with the doggie statue.  He was fascinated with the little dog but just as happy to have freedom to crawl.  After awhile dad, Michelle, Isaac and I took a walk outside and explored Grandma's barn out back.  I remember the barn as being this massive structure with enormous space inside.  I guess everything seems big when your a kid.  Looking at it again, it seemed kind of small, just an average outdoor building to store garage/outdoor stuff.


Then we ventured for a walk over to the elementary school which is also basically in Grandma's backyard or should I say, side yard.  Dad was a member of the very first, first grade class.  When we walked to the front of the school it was open and we got to go in and walk around with the existing Principal.  This building is being closed and sold since the new school will be open for the next school year.  So, Isaac got to walk through his very first school.

When we got back it was snack time.....


Isaac had his first taste of watermelon outside the womb.  He was one happy camper and covered in watermelon juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment