Pages

June 23, 2012

Shrubs Be Gone

Under normal circumstances landscaping issues after moving into a new home are usually bumped to the bottom of the priority list.  However, this particular landscaping issue called for immediate action.  After 5 days I was beyond frustrated....


There is a row of shrubs right beside the garage that were completely overgrown.  Either this particular type of shrub needed to be trimmed yearly to make sure it stayed a certain size or it should not have been planted so close to the edge of the garage.  The problem.....I couldn't pull my car into the garage.  The only way to get it in was to back up the drive way and back into the garage and even then the sound of the branches scraping the side of the car was like nails on a chalk board.  This really wasn't a situation of being overly protective of the car...the sound was atrocious.  So I started to trim.  Then I realized this would require more than a trim.  After only a couple of inches the leaves were gone and the branches were bare and I still needed to cut about 12 more inches!


I kept cutting, however hedge clippers turned out not to be so sufficient.  I had to up the ante and move to a hand saw.   But, we didn't have one so I sent a SOS text to Frazer since he was already at Lowes.

Once my new tools arrived I was on a mission.


Before I knew it I had all 4 hacked away!  After I was done it really opened up the backyard and I was able  to get my car in the garage!  Wohoo!  The left over stumps will have to wait for another day....  The immediate problem was solved and that was accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment