Pages

June 14, 2012

A Rosy Red Rash...

For the past few days Isaac has had a diaper rash that has appeared to be getting worse and not better.  Evan after applying globs of Desitin diaper cream to keep him thoroughly coated I could tell he was becoming more and more uncomfortable.
While my initial thought was to call the pediatrician I did give it a couple of days to try and clear up on its own but with Isaac's increasing discomfort and the rash was continuing to spread, was noticeably more red, hot and bumpy I had to trust my instincts and make the call.  


Wow, am I glad I made the call and got an appointment.  What I thought was an unusual diaper rash only took the pediatrician one quick glance to let me know my instincts were right.  It was a yeast infection.  The doctor indicated it's not uncommon since yeast lives on our skin but I never knew boys could get yeast infections.  The good thing was it had a simple solution.  Over the counter Athlete's Foot cream.  Who would of thought? A simple enough solution with instructions to apply 3 times per day.  I chose to apply after each diaper change to ease the little man's discomfort.  It should be all cleared up in a few day. :)

I'm so glad I trusted my instincts to help Isaac feel better especially in the summer heat and I learned something new too!

No comments:

Post a Comment