Pages

June 27, 2012

12 Months Old

My baby is a year old!  Already?  How did that happen? I can't believe my precious little boy is already an entire year old.  In preparation for his first birthday party Frazer and I went through all of his pictures over the past year and pulled one from each month.  It was really hard to pull just one picture but looking back at each milestone takes me back to each of those moments.

Isaac, I want you to know I was filled with anticipation for your arrival one year ago today. As much as I loved feeling you flutter away in my tummy I was so ready to meet you, to see your tiny face and hold your precious hand.  I was ecstatic when my water broke and although it was an additional six hours before I was able to meet you the time flew by.  I'll never forget holding you for the first time. Pure heart-opening-joy.  It was a nine-month connection that was forever bonded.  Watching you grow over the past year has filled my heart in so many wonderful ways.  Experiencing the world through your eyes is a gift you've given me and one I'll always treasure.  I feel so blessed to have you, to share each day with you, to teach you, to comfort you, to play with you and to love you.

From the moment you arrived, you've been my little side kick.  You've maintained a laid-back-happy-go-lucky demeanor all while telling your story and sharing your world through your facial expressions and gestures.  Watching you achieve milestones with each passing month has been so exciting for me.  And I know this is only the beginning as there are many more milestones you'll achieve.  What's more important is for you to know that I'll always be here supporting you and encouraging you to achieve your dreams.

For now, we'll continue to enjoy each day and soak up all the individual moments that warm my heart.  I love how you're growing into mama's little helper.  You love "helping" with the laundry by pulling items out of the dryer while I'm attempting to put them in and closing the door before I have everything in or out.  I also can't get over how much you've grown in the past month.  Just a month ago you could only reach the bottom shelf in the pantry and now you started pulling items off the second shelf from the top.  You also love playing with your new blue ball.  You light up when it bounces.  I think you love throwing more than anything but it's been great to practice kicks with.  You also discovered that you love to play which gives my legs a workout.  You fly around in the air and your favorite part is a front somersault landing.  It's a guaranteed giggle every time. As for giggles, there is nothing sweeter than listening to you on the monitor when your in your crib.  You've advanced from babbles and soft coo's to giggles in your sleep.  They're the sweetest sounds and I love them.

Happy Birthday Isaac!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment