Pages

May 13, 2012

Our First Mother's Day

Mother's Day.  I can honestly say Mother's Day has a new meaning.  Its not only a day of celebration but a day of reflection.  I've read many blogs this year and there are so many different perspectives from mother's who want nothing than a day off from their family, not as a complaint, but to cherish silence and hear themselves think or maybe experience a cherished trip to the bathroom.....alone, to others that want recognition from spouses and many just don't want to cook for the day.  For me, I  have a new perspective on life and the sacrifices made of all mothers.

There was nothing like the experience of the stomach flu a few weeks back to make me appreciate that regardless of what is going in a mother's world, she must push through and care for her child.  While Isaac may have know that I wasn't feeling well or wasn't myself, he continued to depend on me nonetheless.  I of course appreciated Grandma Sue's willingness to travel from Alabama to Atlanta to help out for a couple of days.  And...I felt terrible when I learned she too was bit by the flu bug upon her return home.

For me this was a wonderful day.  There were no bells and whistles or balloons.  It was actually a miserable day outside as the weather fluctuated from overcast to monsoon rains.  But, it was a perfect day because we were a family.  We had a lazy morning and then went out for brunch at J. Christopher's just up the road in Dunwoody.

Isaac entertaining himself with Puppy while waiting for a table. 
Mama's little ham.

I received a sweet little card created by "Isaac".  

"Its almost a year, since we first met; 
almost a year you've held me - yet, 
better and better, each day gets.  

I'm not always perfect, I like to explore, 
I try to eat anything, I find on the floor. 
 I live in the moment, it's all new to me, 
I'm thankful to you for protecting me. 

I wish I could tell you all of my thoughts,
but I know you're my Mommy, 
and that's all that counts."

Frazer also had the most precious calendar made for 2012 - 2013.  With each passing month I'll be able to reflect back on Isaac and his milestones from the previous year.  So thoughtful and something we can all enjoy and something I'll be able to keep. 

I'm so proud and humbled to be a mother.  By far, hands down, Isaac is my greatest accomplishment.  I feel so blessed and honored to be his mama.  

No comments:

Post a Comment