Pages

May 23, 2012

More Packing.....

The house saga has ended.  Earlier this month, when asking for a status update from our Realtor regarding the short-sale house we've been attempting to purchase since January, we were informed of more delays and it didn't look like we would be able to close in May.

At that point, I had already been looking at new listings again and had observed several new homes come on the market and close.  So, I had to listen to my instincts and wonder why things were taking so long with the short-sale home and why more delays kept popping up.  My logical left-brain knew that dealing with the banking industry is bound to be full of delays and patience would be required.  However, I couldn't help but listen to the nagging of my gut to start looking at new listings that were the same price, in better condition and required lest work.

I found several listings within the same neighborhood and conducted some research.  I used bing.com to pull up the address on the map and switched to a satellite view and zoomed out to checkout the layout of the subdivision.  I immediately noticed sidewalks throughout the entire neighborhood.  I've never lived in a neighborhood with sidewalks and thought this would be a great feature with little ones.  Then I started noticing the number of swing-sets and play equipment in backyards.  Another good sign indeed.  So, I narrowed it down to two listings within the neighborhood and set-up a viewing on May 9th.

From the listing and pictures on-line, my second choice, turned out to be my first choice.  Frazer wasn't able to see it with me but after filling him in on the details he came up to look at it after work.  So by the end of the day I had viewed this particular home three times!  After walking through the pro's and con's and comparing it the short-sale home we were ready to cut the cord and say bye-bye to the short-sale and canceled our offer while making an offer on the new one.

It was amazing how quickly things came together.  After a few counter offers we had a signed contract, inspections completed and a moving date was set.  It's official.  We close June 18th and move June 19th.  So, it's time to start packing.....again!


Of course I had my little helper who was more interested in helping me unpack than pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment