Pages

May 17, 2012

Isaac's First Gymboree Class

Isaac has been having play-dates with Parker every couple of weeks or so and I've been wanting to get Isaac around more little kids to help him socialize so I took him to a local Gymboree class with my friend Kali and the little boy she watches, Parker.

Gymboree has "Play and Learn" classes for ages 0-5 that help the little ones socialize and develop.  It's a colorful place with structured activities.  The class is about 45 minutes long and Isaac was very interested when we arrived but he stayed right by my side for the first 15 minutes or so until he had time to check out the place and see what it was all about.  At the beginning of the class everyone gathered and sat in a circle to begin introductions.  At the end of introductions it was time for the first activity and as every was standing up to get ready Isaac stood all by himself, without holding on to anything, for a good 5-7 seconds all by himself!  I was so impressed and I just froze and watched him.  I wish I would have been able to have taken his picture but I knew if I would have moved he would have too.  But, it was a great sign!

He crawled around, played with the colorful balls, climbed on the foam stairs, demonstrated his love of bubbles.  He was fascinated with the bubbles and bubble time.  When it was time for the next circle up for peek-a-boo with the clown, he was comfortable and decided he wanted to be in the mix with everyone else.


He warmed up to the teacher, Ms. Ashley too.  He wanted to be front and center.


Isaac had a great time and wow was he worn out afterwards.  The poor thing was passed out cold before I pulled out the parking lot.  It's definitely something we'll have to do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment