Pages

May 10, 2012

1st Trip to the Pool

Today was the day!  It was beautiful outside and a perfect afternoon to venture out to the pool for the first time.  I got him all lathered up in sunscreen, got him in his swim diaper and swim suit, packed up the beach towels, his yellow floatie and off to the pool we went.

We ventured into the water slowly by starting on the steps.  He enjoyed splashing his feet and cruising along the top step and then I picked him and we made our way down each step until the water was up to his waist.  He patted at the water and splashed.  All of which made him grin from ear-to-ear and giggle.  I got the yellow floatie and put in him that for a little while.  It has a bit of a cover on it to keep his head in the shade and he did very well.  We swam a few laps and splashed.  After about 25 minutes he left me know he was about finished.  I didn't want to push it his first time so we got out and dried off.



Its amazing how fresh air and fun can do a little boy some good.  As soon as we got back he went into the tub to clean up and get the sunscreen off.  He was rubbing his eyes in the tub.  As soon as I had him dried off and in dry clothes it was clear this little boy wasn't going to make it much longer without a power nap.  As soon as I laid him down in the crib he let out a very weak protest and was fast asleep by the time I had the door closed.  I would say it was a successful first adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment