Pages

April 21, 2012

An Anniversary....


With an anniversary comes......date night!  
It was a low key evening but it was an excellent change of pace to get all dressed up and head out for an evening of uninterrupted adult conversation.  We had a fabulous dinner at Chops.  I had a wonderful filet of sturgeon with lemon and capers, corn mash and green beans.  Why am I going into this much detail?  It was a meal that I didn't have to prepare, or clean up and I could enjoy every single morsel from start to finish.  It's hard to remember the last meal prior to this that I was able to enjoy that was still hot by the time I finished.  This is by no means a complaint.  I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything in the world it's just amazing how different life can become with the addition of a new life into the family.  It simply makes date nights that much more special!

At the beginning of our dinner our waiter asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and I certainly didn't give it much thought.  And then, prior to ordering dessert a lovely surprise arrived.


After dinner we ventured out the punchline for some down time and a few laughs.  It was a fabulous evening and wow am I out of practice from wearing heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment