Pages

October 10, 2011

Boys Weekend


This past February I started a program called One Dream.  The short explanation is it's a personal development program that consists of 5 retreat like weekends.  The fourth weekend started October 6th.  The first two weekends of this program I was carrying Isaac so he was with me on my inner journey of discovery and growth.  The third weekend he was only two weeks old and Frazer and Isaac came with me.  Frazer has been super supportive of my journey and as much I kept saying (before Isaac was born) I would be able to gone to my weekend even though he would only be a few weeks old, that wasn't the case.  The emotional bond was far more than anything I could have ever anticipated and as much as I wanted to go to the weekend there was no way I was going to leave my son.

So, now it was time for weekend 4 and the first time I would be leaving Isaac overnight for three nights.  Yikes!  But, I knew Isaac was in good hands and little boys need bonding time with their daddy's.  I think I was more afraid that Isaac might forget me when I got back.  So to ease my anxiety Frazer sent me lots of pictures and text updates of Isaac and their bonding weekend while I was away.  

The first picture I received was very sweet of Isaac and daddy hanging out on the sofa watching tv.  I'm sure they were bonding over Top Gear or something related to planes.  The second picture was a different story....

Boys Night In
Frazer said he put the bottle on the tray and Isaac reached straight for it.  Talk about a proud papa! I guess I shouldn't underestimate that the British roots run deep.  Perhaps Issac is a chip off the old block.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  Regardless, they had a great weekend bonding and I was grateful for hubby to send me so many great pics over the weekend to keep me connected.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment