Pages

August 26, 2011

My First Shots

Today was a big day at the pediatrician's office.  Isaac was due for his 2 month check-up.  Dr. Sherwinter was very pleased with Isaac's progress. He's up to 12 lbs and has grown another quarter of an inch since his last visit so he's now 24 1/4 inches and growing out of everything.  Isaac loves his footed pajamas but several of his 3 month sizes are due to be packed away.  His little feet are are busting at the seams.  Dr. Sherwinter also commented on Isaac's demeanor and how he's a very happy baby, very engaged, alert and social.  The doctor said he usually doesn't like to rule anything out until the 6 month check up but even at 2 months he said he can rule out Autism (not that we were worried but this was nice to hear).  But the biggest part of the day was Isaac's first round of immunizations.  I don't know if this was more difficult for Isaac or for Frazer and I, maybe just me....

I'm glad I can't see those shots laying behind me....

When the nurse administered the first shot, Isaac's face turned red and his eyes got really wide then he made the biggest frown.  He wasn't sure what was going on but he knew he didn't like it.  I held his little hand to provide as much comfort as possible and then the pain hit and he screamed! Momma that's not a little pinch!


I'm trying to be a big boy but this hurts!

Isaac had about as much as he cared for by the last shot.  He was crying big alligator tears and Frazer held one hand and I held the other.  Poor little thing....


Even though Isaac was given cute little Tweety Bird band-aides he didn't care.  As soon as the nurse was finished I got him dressed and swaddled up and feed him his bottle and he took a long nap.  The doctor had advised us that he might be fussy for the next couple of days or even spike a fever from the immunizations.  So, we needed to keep an eye on him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment