Pages

August 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy


I think I love birthdays enough for everyone!  I firmly believe it's the only day out of the year to celebrate yourself.  There is also nothing wrong with birthday weeks and/or months but those can be a little harder to get away with.  :)   And this year was a special birthday for Frazer since this was his first birthday as a new daddy.  So, this year a few weeks before the big birthday Isaac and I went shopping.  This was more of a challenge than I anticipated on a couple of different levels.  First, I can sometimes over analyze things and birthday shopping is no exception but I wanted to find a special gift for this birthday.  Second, this was my first experience shopping in the mall with just me and Isaac.  This was no big deal until it came time to find a restroom.  Some restrooms have the diaper changing table outside the stalls while others have the diaper changing table inside one of the stalls, most often the handicap stall, but not always.  It was an experience and I couldn't help but laugh as I learned a new skill of maneuvering a stroller in tight spaces.  However, mission was accomplished and our shopping was a success.

Now in my opinion, you can't have a birthday without birthday cake.  So, in honor of Frazer's passion, I made a double layer chocolate cake complete with a toy plane on top.  Since I couldn't get him a real plane I figured this was the best alternative.  We couldn't forget the birthday cards either and Isaac even signed his own card.  I made some finger paint and helped Isaac make a hand print inside the card.  The festivities continued into the evening.  This was also the first time having a babysitter (Kali's a trusted friend who specializes in childcare which made this process easier).  Knowing Isaac was in good hands, Frazer and I were able to head out for a movie and dinner.  Overall it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment