Pages

July 22, 2011

A Very Wet Wake-Up!

June 27, 2011

40 weeks + 2 days.  Early Monday morning I woke up around 5:30 am to go to the bathroom.  I had some pain getting out of bed but nothing out of the ordinary at this stage.  I did feel a slight contraction when returning to bed but nothing major so I tried to go back to sleep.  About 20 minutes later I was uncomfortable and started to roll over to my other side and then....I felt something warm.  Talk about a wet wake-up call!  I immediately jumped out of bed and yelled to Frazer, "My water just broke"! It was 5:50 am.  That's the quickest I've ever gotten out of bed!  Frazer jumped up and grabbed some beach towels since I was frozen in a standing position holding on to the side of the bed.  I feel like I stood there, frozen, for what seemed like 15 minutes.  I'm sure it wasn't that long but we were both amazed at the amount of water.  At the same time though I was completely energized and so excited that my water broke.  At this point I knew the chances were slim that I would get to have a natural birth but overcome with joy that Peanut had chosen a birthday and very soon I would get to meet my little one!

Once the waterfall slowed I was able to move to the bathroom and get a quick shower while Frazer called the doctor.  While getting dressed and gathering a few last essentials for the hospital bag the contractions started to increase along with the discomfort.  It was time to go to the hospital.....We left for Emory Hospital in Midtown Atlanta around 6:30 am.  While Frazer drove he called his parents and I started sending text messages to my parents as well as updating friends via emails and Facebook to let everyone know.

No comments:

Post a Comment