Pages

July 22, 2011

It's Peanut Time!

June 27, 2011

We arrived at the hospital around 7:15 am. We got to take advantage of the valet parking so Frazer could help me waddle to Labor & Delivery.  When we arrived, Dr. Tate had already called ahead so they were ready for me which made the admission process very easy.  After a few short minutes Frazer and I were taken back to a triage room.  This was kind of funny...it seemed like the lady who walked us back was sprinting, um hello, my water broke, I'm still leaking, also having contractions...can't walk very fast! Anyway, the first team of nurses were wonderful and changed into a hospital gown and was hooked up to a couple of monitoring belts to monitor the fetal heart rate and contractions.  One of the nurses also completed a quick ultrasound to verify Peanut's position.  No surprise, Peanut was still a footling breech so a c-section would be necessary.  

In preparation, the nurses checked my vitals, inserted IV's, administered antibiotics and took a quick medical history.  While this was taking place Frazer changed into a pair of scrubs.  I wish I had taken a picture of him in scrubs.  He looked super cute but I guess I was too busy with contractions.  This part of the process seemed to take a couple of hours and there was a c-section ahead of me and we were still waiting for Dr. Tate to arrive.  But, very soon I would be meeting my little Peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment