Pages

July 22, 2011

It's Go Time....Time to Meet Peanut

June 27, 2011

Around 10:30 - 11:00 am I was moved into the operating room.  This is where the spinal block was administered and lets just say this was not fun.  I had to remain completely still in a cold room, wearing only a thin gown and I was trying not to shiver from being cold or move from the pain of the needle.  The anesthesiologist asked if I could feel the pain, um yes, you just inserted a large needle in my spine!  Once they were finished it was only a matter of minutes that my extremities began tingling and then I wanted to wiggle my toes and I couldn't.  A very strange feeling that could almost make you panic but I remained calmed and focused on all of our relaxation exercises from birthing classes.  Then, I was laid down and draped.  Next, Frazer was brought in and the doctor was ready to get started.   

The doctor began the procedure, cutting into my belly, while Frazer was holding my hand.  I was very anxious since I couldn't see what was happening but I could slightly feel movement around my belly.  I could hear the medical team talking and Dr. Tate commented about Peanut's position once he had my belly open "that's why I didn't deliver this one"!  Then Frazer stood up so he could see what was happening and he said he could see the back, legs, then arms.  It's a Boy!


We were very proud to welcome our little one.
Isaac Neil Middleton
June 27, 2011
11:35 am, EST
9 lbs / 20 in


No comments:

Post a Comment