Pages

July 22, 2011

A Flood of Emotions

June 27, 2011

After Peanut was out of my tummy, I heard the nurses comment "that's a big baby" but I kept waiting to hear Peanut cry, it seemed like forever.  I knew Isaac was being cared for by a team of nurses while Dr. Tate was closing up my tummy.  But, I kept thinking to myself, I haven't heard him cry yet, is everything okay? Then, he cried.  I still hadn't seen my son but I could hear him cry.  A very healthy set of lungs too!  

There is nothing like hearing the sound of your child cry for the first time. It is the most reassuring sound that fills and soothes every fiber of your body.  At last, my little Peanut was born a healthy 9 lb baby boy.  At least at this point I knew he was okay but this was still difficult because I hadn't held my son yet.  The medical teams were caring for Issac and caring for me but both independently. Frazer was able to go over and meet Isaac and take pictures of our little man.  The nurses also told us that Isaac obtained a small battle wound during his entry to the world.  His little bum was nicked when my belly was cut open.   Then, the next thing I know they were wheeling me out of the surgery room and into recovery but I still hadn't seen or held my son!  

Talk about being overwhelmed with emotions!  Isaac had to go the nursery for a little while to be looked after and monitored but since he was showing interest in nursing Frazer was able to bring him to me twenty minutes after he was born.  So, FINALLY, at 12:00 pm I met my son for the first time.  Such a sweet moment to hold him in my arms for the first time.  There are no words to describe the food of emotions of becoming a mother for the first time.  I never imagined it was possible to love something so tiny and precious.  All I know is I love this little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment